Friday 18 November 2016

CGMI Above Only - Bearing The Name of The Lord

Friday, November 18
Bearing the Name of the Lord
Acts 9:15 (KJV & GNB)
But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel: For I will shew him how great things he must suffer for my name's sake. *The Lord said to him, "Go, because I have chosen him to serve me, to make my name known to Gentiles and kings and to the people of Israel. And I myself will show him all that he must suffer for my sake."
-------------------------------------------------------------
We make the name of Christ known not only by preaching the gospel and manifesting His authority but also by reflecting His character. We must identify with Christ not only in His power and authority but also in His righteous and loving nature and in His willingness to please God at any cost. Identifying with Christ's righteous and loving nature and willingness to please God requires discipline and sacrifice. It will also attract persecution and attacks, as some people will hate you for simply choosing to identify with and stand for Christ.
In John 15:18 - 21 Jesus said, If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
There is great reward and glory attached to suffering with Christ. Romans 8:17-18 says, and if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together. For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 2Corinthians 4:17 says, for our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory. More of Christ's glory will fill your life as you endure for His sake.
PRAYER FOCUS: Receive God's grace right now to stand for Him and to please Him regardless of the challenges and persecution you may face.
BIBLE IN A YEAR READING PLAN: Acts 4-6
Empowered to Occupy Till He Comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment