Friday 21 October 2016

CGMI ABOVE ONLY - WITHSTAND THE PRESSURE



WITHSTAND THE PRESSURE


Psalm 118:5-6, Isaiah 50:7 (NLT)
 I called upon the LORD in distress: the LORD answered me, and set me in a large place. The LORD is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me? *Because the Sovereign Lord helps me, I will not be disgraced. Therefore, I have set my face like a stone, determined to do his will. And I know that I will not be put to shame.

Author PhotoYesterday, we focused on the need to remain consistent in what you have set your hands to do despite any discouragement that you may face. Today, we will focus on disallowing anything from taking you off the path of purpose. It was pressure from the Israelites that caused Aaron to go against the will of God when he used the gold and jewelry intended to build God's temple to build a golden calf idol that the people began to worship and dance naked before, Exo.32:1-6 & 25.

Do you realize that it was also pressure from the Israelites that caused Moses to strike the rock when God told him to speak to the rock, Numbers 20:7-12? This singular act stripped Moses of his chance to enter the Promised Land, Deut.32:51-52. Saul also allowed pressure from the Israelites to cause him to act against God's will. His cowering to the pressure resulted in God rejecting him as king over Israel, 1Sam.15:20-23 & 26.

Even when you don't know what to do, resist the urge to do what you know you are not supposed to. It is a test of your faith and God will give you the strength and wisdom to overcome it, James 1:2-5. God knows that you can withstand that pressure; that is precisely why He allowed you to face it. God will never allow you face a temptation that you cannot overcome, 1Cor.10:13. He will always create a way of escape and you will be able to bear it, regardless of whatever pressure you may face. If you have given in to pressure in the past, today I pray that the mercy of God will restore you and I pray that by the grace of God you will never give in to such pressure any more.

PRAYER FOCUS:
 Receive God's abundant grace right now to withstand and prevail over every pressure that you may face today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR READING PLAN:  Matthew 17; Mark 9; Luke 9:28-62
Empowered to Occupy Till He Comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment